Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Minecraft Pocket Edition 1.1
Minecraft Pocket Edition 1.1, the first release of the Discovery Update is a major update that was released on June 1st 2017
MCPE 1.1 Servers
Minecraft PE 1.1.0 Server List »
MCPE 1.1 Additions And Changes
- Added a setting to toggle smooth lighting
- Version exclusive: Marketplace
- Added a setting to change the screen safe area.
- Added 13 new languages.
- Off-hand slot
- Off-hand slot only works with arrows and totems of undying.
- Woodland mansions
- Version exclusives: Mansion floors uses Oak Planks instead of Birch Planks, and banners do not generate
- Concrete powder
- Glazed terracotta
- Shulker box
- Frosted ice
- Explorer maps
- Totem of undying
- Iron nugget
- Spawn eggs
- Cartographer villagers
- Health and Hunger bar are now located in the hotbar.
- Entity and block entity IDs
- Use underscores to separate words, rather than using single words in mixed case.
- The following names have changed:
- Changes in world generation. Seeds which contain pre-generated structures such as ocean monuments & igloos may generate those structures in different places.
- Version exclusive:Igloo beds are white in ice spikes and brown in cold taiga.
- Can now be dyed in all 16 colors. Also gives a short bounce when jumped on.
- Version exclusive: A cobweb can be converted to 9 strings on a crafting table.
- Hardened clay
- The uncolored block is now called "Terracotta"
- The colored blocks are now called, for instance, "Red Terracotta"
- Melon block
- Version exclusive: Breaking a melon with shears will produce the full 9 slices of melon.
- Texture and color palette is changed.
- Maps are now numbered so you can tell which map is which
- Version exclusive: Empty maps with compasses have been renamed to locator maps to distinguish between empty maps without compasses
- Golden apple
- Version exclusive: Enchanted golden apples are now called Enchanted Apples
Mobs & Entities
- Cave spider
- Now attacks with poison time based on difficulty.
- Improved lead rope physics.
- Zombie villager
- Now have the unique sounds that they do in the Computer Edition.
- CanPlaceOn & CanDestroy are now supported in the /replaceitem command
- New game rules: dodaylightcycle, doentitydrops, dofiretick, domobspawning, domobloot, dotiledrops, doweathercycle, keepinventory and mobgriefing
- /locate command will now find more structures such as Villages
- Iron and gold tools can now be smelted into iron nuggets and gold nuggets
- Dampened the vertical look speed when using a controller
- Improved navigation of the settings screen when using a controller
- The X button can now be used to clear the hotbar on the Creative inventory screen when using a controller
- Improved controller input when selecting items on the Creative inventory screen
- Version exclusive: New sleeping animation slowly lowers you into serene slumber
- Worlds will now show a screenshot in the main menu
- Eating animation can now be seen in third-person camera
- Added a warning if a resource pack cannot find the textures list file
« Minecraft Pocket Edition Alpha 1.0.9
- Fixed a crash when importing certain resource packs
- Fixed a crash when trying to join a server with plug-ins
- Players can now see particles after other players fall from over three blocks high
- MCPE-19414 Leads no longer float above rabbits' heads
- Fixed special characters on signs being visible through walls
- Horses now make sounds when they jump
- Fixed pressure plates and other Redstone items staying pressed when the player leaves the chunks
- Fixed Redstone that is placed below and beside a piston appear to connect to the piston
- Fixed Hoppers not pulling items from above if all slots were occupied
- The host and other players no longer get disconnected from the game session when the host minimizes the game (iOS only)
- MCPE-8332 Finally fixed the bug with MCPE not starting on some Android devices
- MCPE-14019 Items shot from droppers and dispensers can now be picked up quickly
- Players can no longer place top slabs under them while standing on a bottom slab, preventing falling
- Fixed lava flowing too far in the Nether
- Shulkers will teleport away when placed on top of a piston
- Shulkers will no longer drop experience orbs after being killed using the /kill command
- Fixed Shulkers that are spawned with a dispenser under a top slab
- Mobs can now see players through non-solid blocks
- Fixed some shading/shadow issues with some Android devices
- Fixed mob spawning so it is now modified by the number of players in the game and where they are located in proximity to other players
- Fixed some issues with hit detections against entities
- You can now use whisper-like commands (/tell, /w, /message) on dead players)
- Maps can again be zoomed out in the crafting table
- Green arrows no longer appear on all framed maps
- Green arrows are no longer left on the map after it is removed from an item frame
- MCPE-19993 Splash/lingering potions can now go into brewing stands from a hopper
- Creepers no longer sometimes get stuck inflating when a player hits it & then moves back
- The End Rod will now be greyed out in the Pocket UI crafting table if the player is lacking the necessary ingredients
- /stopsound & /playsound now name all players affected by those commands
- Fixed an issue when attempting to activate "Wheel Turning" in VR options (VR only)
- Pressing the tab key now finishes the typed command properly (Rift only)
- MCPE-12281 Renamed blocks/containers now have their names changed in menus/inventory
- Fixed some crashes when importing Add-ons
- Smite enchantment now affects all undead mobs
- Mobs that are lifted up by Shulker projectiles will now be shown lifting up properly
- Breaking a Shulker projectile will now show the effect
- Starting a sign message with §§ will no longer make the text invisible
- MCPE-19299 Elytra will now lose durability in Survival multiplayer games
- MCPE-18872 Mooshrooms will now respawn on mushroom islands
- Experience orbs no longer splash when they fall in water
- Having one spawn egg in Peaceful Creative mode will no longer consume the egg
- Crops will no longer yield a fixed amount after harvesting
- Click MMB on a flower pot containing a flower will now select the flower
- Adjusted the color of several blocks on maps
- Maps created in the Nether will now show red and gray patterns, not just gray
- Shulkers will no longer immediately attack when a player leaves cover
- Trees and giant mushrooms will no longer be missing blocks when spawned on the edge of a chunk
- The Wither will now play sound during its spawning animation
- MCPE-20357 /clear command now removes equipped armor
- No more "crazy mouse" - sensitivity should be correct now
- MCPE-19004 Ender Dragon's ender charge attack now has correct sound
- Cracking animation & particles now display correctly in multiplayer
- Fixed a start-up crash on some Android devices
- Player markers on a map no longer turn black and are left on the map after another player disconnects
- You no longer lose all your text to the right if you move your text cursor to the middle of the text box and press enter
- MCPE-14022 Covering a roof of a spawn chamber with half-slabs no longer severely reduces the mob spawn rate
- Items can again be pushed under an upper half-slab
- Virtual keyboard is now available in single player (Gear VR only)
- Fixed a crash when feeding adult animals to breed them with only one food item in a stack
- Feeding a tamed wolf will now restore the correct amount of health, depending on the type of meat used
- Dates of save games are now the proper format of "day/month/year" for Dutch language settings
- Polar bears no longer deal damage on Peaceful
- Donkeys and mules can no longer be tempted with food until they are tamed
- Lava buckets that are in a furnace's fuel slot will no longer turn into a water bucket when a wet sponge has finished drying
- Players no longer suffocate when the drowingdamage gamerule is disabled
- Various mobs inside monster spawners will no longer be huge
- Fixed texture issues on anvils
- Fixed a graphical glitch when sand is falling
- FoV will now increase while sprinting and flying when FoV is set to max setting
- Fixed large oak trees spawning with birch wood
- Iron Golems will no longer attack a player after they are killed by the Iron Golem
- Particles now appear behind arrows when seeing another player shoot arrows
- Shearing a Mooshroom that is attached to a lead will no longer remove the lead
- Chicken jockeys will now walk with the speed of a baby zombie
- Mobs spinning in a monster spawner will no longer stutter
- Blazes will now stop burning after they stop targeting a player
- Blazes now perform melee attacks with the right damage
- Skeleton horses and zombie horses now drop the proper amount of bones or rotten flesh
- The panoramic image view for mash-up packs in the store can now be scrolled using a controller
- Farmland and crops are now destroyed when players jump on them
- Fixed the vignette at the edges of the screen in The End
- Items thrown by players no longer carry the player's momentum
- Conditional/Unconditional setting for Command Blocks will now copy when using Ctrl+MMB
- Fixed textures on the bottom of lead knots
- MCPE-19849 Fixed the height view distance when Beautiful Skies is enabled
- High-jumping horses will no longer take damage when they jump and land from the same height
- Mobs can no longer spawn on top of slabs
- Fixed a crash when interacting with skulls
- Mobs from the overworld will no longer spawn in The End
- MCPE-19633 Fixed falling blocks breaking and duplicating when falling onto pistons
- Armor Items are now equipped to mobs when dispensed
- Several Redstone components like buttons and levers can be now placed on top of fences and walls
- Color gradients of grass blocks no longer appear as large-square patterns
- MCPE-19575 Rails can no longer be duplicated using sticky pistons
- MCPE-20315 Fixed resource packs failing to import if there are colors in the name of the pack
- MCPE-11279 MCPE-10077 MCPE-10079 MCPE-11555 MCPE-16940 Fixed sounds with a variety of items
- Rain will no longer fill cauldrons with the last potion it was filled with
- MCPE-17582 Boats can now be broken when occupied by a horse
- Skulls will no longer be invisible when spawned with the /fill command
- Using the /time query command now returns more descriptive messages
- Fixed the consistency of death messages for all players when falling into the void
- The progress of brewing stands will now copy when using Ctrl+MMB
- Enchanted golden apples are now called "Enchanted Apples"
- Executing an unfinished command now updates the chat with 'invalid command syntax' message
- Items can now be enchanted with the Unbreaking effect using the /enchant command
- An error message now appears when using the /replaceitem command with non-existent slot number or exceeds an item stack's boundaries
- Only the appropriate armor can be placed in each armor slot using the /replaceitem command
- Horses can no longer be equipped with any item in the saddle slot by using the /replaceitem command
- The correct error message is now shown for import failures of a non-ZIP Add-On files
- Sugar cane can once again be planted on podzol blocks
- The elder guardian's special attack to inflict mining fatigue will now play sound
- Baby Zombies, Baby Zombie Villagers, Baby Zombie Pigmen and Endermites will now attack players standing in fence corners
- Fixed Zombie villager transformation rate depending on difficulty
- Saplings that grow into trees will no longer replace other blocks with leaves
- The Wither's shield will now block all projectiles
- Fixed recipes containing charcoal that could not be selected in the Pocket UI when using a controller and coal was also in the player's inventory
- When using the /replaceitem command, all chat messages after the command is executed will display the proper item name
- Ice and packed ice are now properly destroyed in Creative mode
- MCPE-18471 Beacon beams now appear through clouds
- Mobs will no longer get stuck and spin around on top of chests
- MCPE-20460 Using the /give command with a damage value will now give the item the right durability
- The error message for too much power used in the /effect command now shows the amount of power, not time
- Fixed items received from the /replaceitem command, when executed after /clear, not being visible until the inventory was opened
- The jump button will no longer disappear from the touch pad when pressing Fly Up and Fly Down buttons
- Fixed the throwing rate of snowballs to be consistent with the host of a game session
- Command blocks will now show all lines in the Previous Output field
- Fixed players having no sound when joining an Xbox Live game
- Villagers really no longer walk away while trading and also fixed the trading screen closing.
- MCPE-11727 Mobs can again walk on beds & brewing stands without spinning around or getting stuck.
- Fixed a crash that happened when loading older worlds.
- MCPE-20490 Villagers can now pick up more than a single stack of an item.
- MCPE-21028 Players can mine/destroy paintings again.
- MCPE-18027 The Wither is now one of the paintings you can get.
- Mooshroom files in the vanilla behavior pack are now named consistently & uses the correct loot table file when not sheared.
- Fixed a crash that happened when a player tried to rejoin a Realm or world after previously cancelling joining the Realm/world.
- Fixed a crash that happened when a mob effect that doesn't exist is applied to a melee attack.
- The owner of a Realm can now join their own Realm even if it is already full and there are other players trying to join it.
- Double trapped chests are again being highlighted when aimed at with the cursor regardless of which half the cursor rests.
- Bottles in brewing stands no longer become invisible after opening & closing the stand UI.
- Players no longer spawn on the bedrock roof of the Nether.
- If you're flying and disconnect from a world/Realm, when you rejoin you will still be flying now.
- All multi-colored blocks are now placed in the order of the color palette in the Creative inventory.
- Players are no longer asked to download a behavior pack when joining a game with one enabled.
- MCPE-20369 Health & hunger bar textures fixed - no longer bugged when using a texture/resource pack.
- Fixed a crash when returning from the Nether for the first time.
- Fixed damage from multiple sources (so players no longer get contradictory screens)
- You can again move the scroll bar properly when an item in the Storage manager is expanded.
- Add-ons are now flagged both at a child & parent level when a dependency chain is broken.
- The game again saves your language settings if you close the title.
- Fixed signs so text again appears on the UI as it does on the sign.
- Closing the inventory menu with the three dot button no longer causes the inventory bar to disappear.
- Horses no longer shake their heads back and forth as they walk.
- MCPE-20875 Magma cubes are no longer missing their jumping animations.
- MCPE-20239 Witches are no longer immune to poison damage.
- If a player still has the Invisibility status effect, they no longer become visible if they leave and then re-enter a game/Realm.
- MCPE-20777 Default Creative mode items no longer reappear in your inventory if it's empty after you re-enter a world.
- The game/camera no longer shakes violently when applying the nausea effect to a player.
- MCPE-20554 The Nether portal overlay no longer appears briefly when using the /clear effect command after the Nausea effect.
- MCPE-19168 Mobs again drop cooked food if killed by an arrow from a bow with the Flame enchantment.
- MCPE-19631 Arrows of Healing deal additional damage to undead mobs and no longer bounce.
- Achievement description text now appears in one color.
- MCPE-20907 Villages are fully generating again.
- Fixed assorted crashes.
- Fixed a crash when taking a screenshot when leaving the world on older Android devices.
- Storage manager confirmation pop-up now scrolls when localized text is longer than the box.
- Fixed a memory leak issue when loading into a world with Add-ons. (iOS only)
- Players no longer receive fall damage when jumping on slime blocks attached to pistons that are extending & retracting.
- No more flickering item counts on the hotbar.
- Items on the hotbar no longer change content by themselves!
- The hotbar no longer appears incorrectly after filling/emptying a bucket/bottle from a cauldron.
- The difficulty in the in-game settings screen works correctly again.
- The hideparticles argument in the /effect command now hides/shows particles correctly.
- Switching a player's gamemode now informs the player that they have had their gamemode switched.
- Loading an End City and then reducing the render distance setting no longer causes Shulkers to despawn.
- Smoke particles that appear after a player's death are now the correct animation length.
- Slash command autocomplete feature again works in multiplayer games.
- Fixed several skins on the Festive Mash-up pack that appeared corrupted.
- After a world with a resource pack is uploaded to a Realm, the resource pack is again displayed.
- Pressing the play button in the Edit World screen after applying Resource or Behavior packs to a previously vanilla world no longer closes the Edit World screen & returns to World Select instead of loading the game.
- Fixed the screen getting cut-off on smaller screens for the Redstone Mansion store description
- Exiting the crafting grid will not drop items on the ground unless the inventory is full.
- MCPE-19876 Mobs no longer get stuck in corners of fences.
- Slimes & Magma Cubes again have the correct movement.
- MCPE-20461 The /say command in command blocks no longer gives an incorrect message.
- Ender dragon movement is no longer really jittery when in flight.
- All mobs should now be affected by the speed effect.
- Name auto-complete in commands works again.
- "Diamonds to You!" achievement again unlocks in multiplayer.
- Resource Pack purchase screen download progress bars now appear after purchasing DLC.
- MCPE-19019 Anvils no longer drop as items when they fall on torches - and they stack now, too.
- Cave spider spawners now generate more often in abandoned mineshafts.
- Fixed a crash that occurred when chests & cauldrons collided with each other.
- Arrows no longer stutter when fired while riding an animal.
- Template worlds will once again appear on the create world screen.
- Rideable mobs can only be ridden when equipped with a saddle.
- Particles traveling from bookshelves to enchantment tables will now travel over blocks.
- Fixed a crash when attempting to type more than four lines on a sign.
- The Boost button is now visible when riding a Pig with Carrot on a Stick in hand. (Pocket Edition only)
- Chest on donkey/mule can now be accessed with a controller in Pocket UI.
- Fixed texture orientation on command blocks.
- Fixed Broadcast to LAN not toggling off.
- Horses' heads no longer clip through player's face when moving up single blocks.
- Redstone torches now have sound when burning out.
- The on-screen chat keyboard can now be re-opened.
- Repeaters now properly handle delay-based pulse generation.
- Pressing ↵ Enter on the keyboard will now move to the next line when making a sign (Android only).
- Fixed a crash when trying to open a chest that was pushed or pulled by a sticky.
- Fixed texture colors of fences and fence gates.
- MCPE-20746 Fixed 0xfe RakNet wrapper packet compression.
- Fixed a crash when standing in an End Portal as it is completed.
- MCPE-5406 Lava will no longer flow towards drops it cannot reach.
- MCPE-1982 Once again have fixed mobs going out of fences when reloading a world.
- Fixed the Leave Boat button being missing from the screen.
- Minecarts will no longer jump off downward-sloping rails.
- Milk buckets will no longer disappear from a full hotbar after milking a cow.
- MCPE-21142 You can again craft dispensers using the Pocket UI.
- Ender crystal explosion is now data driven for added world security.
- Copying a block now places the copied block in the empty item slot when holding an item in hand and having an empty slot in the hotbar.
- Fixed a crash when clicking on the Sign in for Free button while trying to download game music.
- Download of Redstone Mansion now updates the action button properly.
- Panoramas now load properly.
- All players can now ride mounts when it is on a lead, not just the owners.
- /locate village command now returns coordinates of the nearest village.
- All Resource packs should now be displayed in the Global Resource list, both in the settings menu & create world menu.
- Players are again able to push mobs into minecarts & boats.
- MCPE-19535 Blazes should no longer be able to one-hit kill players with a small fireball.
- MCPE-19361 /fill command changes should now be saved.
- Text in buttons in the Realms update screen should now be properly aligned.
- Fixed smoke/water particles flying off at crazy speeds.
- Hostile creatures can again hit with melee attacks against mounted players.
- Fixed a crash when downloading texture packs from the Global Resources or Resource Packs tab.
- Fixed a crash that could occur when trying to access XBL.
- Hitting an Enderman with a potion of invisibility no longer also makes the block it is holding disappear